Los Gatos United is serious about protecting player health and safety. We check www.airnow.gov daily for air quality updates during fire season.
Our air quality policy:
- The league reschedules games or practices when air quality is considered dangerous. Coaches and managers are notified with as much lead time as possible
- The referee uses her discretion to determine whether a game already in progress (or about to begin) should be stopped.
- Games are rescheduled (not forfeited) if they have not yet started.
- Games stopped that are already in progress are finalized based on the current score.
- Coaches should be notified immediately if a parent does not want their child to play in a game that is not called off – especially due to asthma or other health concerns.
- Parents should always follow their child’s Asthma Action Plan.