Thank you volunteering to coach with Los Gatos United Soccer League! Your commitment is very much appreciated.
New and returning coaches, assistant coaches, and team administrators must register annually with Cal North, the CYSA body that oversees our league. Registration must be completed every year, regardless of whether or not you have volunteered in the past.
If you have already completed volunteer registration for the year, thank you! Please scroll down to the section labeled “Clearance Status”.
Please access our registration system using the following link and locate the appropriate registration event (typically containing “Volunteer” or “Coach” in the title).
If you coached in LGUSL after 2017, you should already have a member account. You may need to reset your password in order to log in.
If you registered your child for one of our programs, you will also have an account. If another family member registered the child, you will need to create a new account.
Instructions for coach registration form:
- Do not select your child to register as a volunteer. If your name doesn’t already appear in the list, select “Someone else” at the bottom and proceed from there.
- Enter your legal name exactly as it appears on your driver’s license.
- Check ALL age groups you’re interested in coaching.
- If you are registering for a spouse/partner, you must enter their full name and contact info. We will use the email address provided on the form to contact and coordinate coaches, so it’s important that we have a valid email address.
- Don’t forget to list the parents you would like to coach with in the “Buddies” field. If you’re volunteering for more than one age group, list all of your potential coaching partners and we’ll sort out which is which.
After completing registration, click on “Return to member account.” If you see a green “thumbs up” sign, you’re all set and cleared by CYSA to coach. If you see a red “thumbs down” sign, you will need to be fingerprinted and pass a background check in order to be cleared to coach.
If you’re returning at a later date to check your clearance status, log into your member account with the credentials you used to register and look for the “Background Check” thumbs up or thumbs down.
Once you have been cleared to coach in any CYSA-affiliated league, you will not need to be fingerprinted again for 50 years! However, it is important that your clearance shows up in our registration system, so please verify your status if you are a first-time volunteer for LGUSL. (See “Clearance Status” above.)
If you have not been cleared according to your member home page, please follow these steps at your earliest convenience:
- Locate your registration confirmation email from “Los Gatos United Soccer League via StackSportsiMail.”
- Scroll to the bottom, where you will find an attachment with the appropriate Live Scan form already filled in.
- Print the Live Scan form and take it with you to the nearest Live Scan location, which can be found here: https://www.applicantservices.com/CapitalLiveScan/Live_Scan_Locations
- Save a copy of your form. If you would like to scan and mail it to the league, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This isn’t necessary as long as you hold on to your copy in case we need to reference it later.
If you did not receive a form attached to your StackSports registration confirmation, or you can’t find the confirmation email, you can print one from your registration account. Log into your member home page and click on “My Registrations” (see image above). Locate the correct registration and click the “Print Form” button.
RECOMMENDED LIVE SCAN LOCATIONS
Many coaches have been fingerprinted without issue at the following locations:
Verify Group, 262 East Hamilton Avenue, Suite A, Campbell
UPS Store #1949, 1608 W. Campbell Ave, Campbell
Some locations may ask you for an “ORI” code. The ORI code is NOT included on the pre-filled form generated by StackSports. It is AE689.
As a last resort, you can print the form manually and fill in the required fields:
Live Scan form codes:
Contract Code: GAJR
Cal North ORI Code: AE689
Organization is Cal North, 1040 Serpentine Lane #201, Pleasanton, CA 94566
Level of Service is DOJ
OCA number is 02 16 (these are the District and League numbers for LGUSL)
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WERE FINGERPRINTED LAST YEAR BUT STILL AREN’T CLEARED…
If you have a copy of your form from the Live Scan facility, send it to us and we can refer it to CYSA for investigation. If you don’t have a copy, you may need to be fingerprinted again. If you were fingerprinted for another CYSA-affiliated league and do not show as cleared, let us know and we can double-check the spelling of your name to ensure it was entered correctly.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.