Teams have been formed! Click here to look up your team assignment and session time
Given evolving guidelines from Santa Clara County health officials as well as guidelines from the state, Los Gatos United Rec Soccer leaders have worked through a temporary redesign of the Fall Rec program in order to ensure the safety of our players, coaches, and families.
While inter-team competitions are not possible due to health guidelines, we have designed a safe and fun season that leverages existing Club resources to provide top-tier instruction in a mixed virtual / on-field manner. We love our parent coaches and being able to augment their instruction with that from professional coaches on our competitive staff gives our players access to multiple coaching styles and inputs.
We anticipate being able to return to the regular format for next year and hope you will join us this year for some outstanding instruction and an opportunity to get our kids onto the field on a weekly basis in a safe manner.
|Until May 31||$270|
|June 1 – August 31||$295|
• Full refund deadline extended to August 15th (less $25 admin fee)
• 50% refund until Sept. 12th
In the event of cancellation of the entire Fall Rec program, families will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee for costs incurred (i.e. uniforms, etc.)
If the Fall Rec program is discontinued (for whatever reason) after it begins, the league will calculate a fair pro-rated refund and parents will be notified as quickly as possible
VOLUNTEER: Parents we need your help!
Parents, we need your help! Our goal is to offer our older kids a mid-week in-person practice in order to provide them with a program as close to normal as the protocol allows. Practice slots will be available from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Wednesdays only. We will work with you to find a time that best fits your schedule and that of the local schools (many of which are leaving Wednesdays open). Please note that we can only allow one parent coach per team per county guidelines. If you are interested in participating as your child’s coach, please contact Matt Von der Ahe (firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-230-7463) or register online!
SAFETY: Our #1 Priority
• Masks and hand sanitizer at check-in
• Stable groups of 12 children per team
• No interaction between teams
• No sharing of equipment – every player gets their own ball and pinnie
• Bathrooms/port-a-potties sanitized between sessions
• 30-minute buffer time to allow players to exit before next check-in
• Virtual instruction during the week
• In-person intra-squad scrimmages on weekends
• September 12 – November 7, 2020
• Programs for all ages – boys & girls born 2016-2003
• Saturdays led by professional coaches to include 20 mins of skill work
PROGRAM FOR OLDER KIDS (2012-2003)
• Two field sessions per week, Wednesday & Saturday
• Two optional (included) virtual sessions per week
• Saturday sessions led by comp program coaches
• Virtual sessions produced by comp program coaches
• Wednesday sessions led by parent coaches
PROGRAM FOR YOUNGEST KIDS (2016-2013)
• One sessions per week on Saturday
• 20 minutes of skill development
• 40 minutes of scrimmage (within your team only)
Every player will receive a color-coordinated team t-shirt, ball, pinnie, and LGU logo’d face mask.
• Children will not be required to wear masks during sessions
• Parents will not be permitted on the field; children will be escorted from check-in to their designated area on the field
Please note: if your child is uncomfortable participating without having their parent nearby, we would encourage you to take this season off and rejoin us next year. The county has been very specific on this point and no exceptions can be made.
Should county and state health guidelines change and allow us to have games between teams, we will implement that change as quickly as possible. We will give parents and teams as much notice as we can, so please check the league website/social media/emails often!
Exact times may be revised if registration numbers exceed projections
|1:00 pm||ALL children born in 2015 & 2016|
BOYS born in 2013 & 2014
|2:30 pm||GIRLS born in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014|
|4:00 pm||Boys born in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012|
ALL older players (2003-2008)
Union Middle School grass and turf fields
WEDNESDAY PRACTICES (birth years 2012 – 2003)
1:00 – 5:00 pm at Fisher Middle School
Practices begin on Sept. 16th and run through the end of October
Los Gatos United offers mutual buddy requests! You will have the opportunity to enter the buddy’s name when you register online. In the absence of a request, we do our best to match several children from the same school.
If you need to update your buddy request after you register, please email the Rec Director with your child’s name and birth year, and provide the full name of your friend.
Add Me to the LGUSL Email List