Announcing our Fall 2021 Recreational Soccer League! It’s been awhile but we are happy to be back and look forward to a rewarding fall league season. We fully anticipate the league looking a lot like it did before the pandemic, with players freely competing and parents, family and friends on the sidelines supporting and enjoying the games. We can’t wait.
2021 PROGRAM DETAILS
First week of practice: August 30th
First game: September 11th (Saturday)
Last game for younger age groups: November 6th
Pride of Los Gatos tournament (U10+): November 5th-7th
U6: Born in 2016 & 2017
U8: Born in 2014 & 2015
U10: Born in 2012 & 2013
U12: Born in 2010 & 2011
U14: Born in 2007-2009
May 1 – June 15
U6-U8: $265 | U10-U14: $290
June 16 – July 16
U6-U8: $295 | U10-U14: $320
July 17 – Aug 1
U6-U8: $320 | U10-U14: $345
After August 1 (if available)
U6-U8: $345 | U10-U14: $370
2021 TRAINING SCHEDULE
U6 – Fridays – LGUSD fields
U8 – Tue or Wed (coach’s choice) – locations vary
U10-U14 – 2x/week (coach’s choice) – locations vary
Practices are held in 60-90 minute blocks between 4pm and 7pm
Schedule details and team assignments:
- U6 & U8: released by August 21st
- U10-U14: released by August 28th
- Full refund (less $25 admin fee) for cancellations before 7/1/2021
- 50% refund for cancellations made between 7/1 and 8/30/2021
- No refunds after practices begin on August 30th without a documented medical reason
VOLUNTEER TO COACH!
Our recreational program is 100% volunteer run and would not be possible without the help of parents. We’re committed to the parent-coach model for Fall Rec because of the sense of community it brings to the program and club. But we need a lot of willing moms, dads, grandparents, uncles, etc. to make it a success! Please consider volunteering as a head coach or assistant coach.
Some things to know about coaching:
1) We don’t require that you played in college or high school. We value enthusiasm and commitment to making the experience fun and fair for all players. Our licensed comp soccer coaches are available to support our volunteer coaches as needed.
2) We offer a pre-season coaching clinic, designed by our competitive program, providing easy practice plans. Help will be available all season as needed.
3) The time commitment is 1 practice per week for U8 and younger, and 2 practices per week for U10 and older. If you can recruit a friend or two to coach with you, it will be a piece of cake.
4) Head coaches get to pick their practice time and day, so you’ll have more control over your child’s schedule.
5) New this year, LGU is encouraging parents to enroll in U.S. Soccer’s excellent Grassroots coach education program. The course can be completed fully online for a minimal cost of $25. We will credit $50 towards your registration fees if you complete the course. Read more about it here: Coaching License Pathway
2021 GAME FORMAT
4 v 4
8 min quarters (4)
4 v 4
10 min quarters (4)
4 v 4
10 min quarters (4)
7 v 7
25 Min Halves
8 v 8
30 Min Halves
9 v 9
35 Min Halves
Add Me to the LGUSL Email List